Just how important is the quality of the seed strain?

     Being able to preferably make seeds, and if not, buy the right ones, is as strong a link in the growing process as any of the many others toward the final process. 

      The days ahead are going to be challenging in this respect, I'm noticing the big box stores offering a lower grade seed as each year goes by, and the mom and pops outlets being closer to a hit or miss situation.

     One of my biggest challenges still is the snow pea seed, they quickly mold with too much moisture and shrink as conditions dry, the line in the middle being very fine. 

 I have had some luck here and there over the years, but nothing steady. 

     And this year proves no different, because I was too busy to harvest properly, as a portion of the crop went to seed early rather than growth, yet the drying process has basically again lead to a large bowl of mostly shrunken dried seeds that I now add the ones from the later harvest and see where I land. I have seen large dried seeds before once with a mom and pop variety, I have yet to be able to do it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Update

Introduction to a hopeful new year of prosperity

Admitting You Have A Problem